Two things are involved in Blogging; it is either you succeed or you suck seeds. Your success or failure in blogging career is powered by what you have in your head. The earlier you carry blogging success tips in your head, the better for you.
Remember, it is what you have in your head that takes you ahead and not the size of your head. Therefore, I am wrapping the Season One of Learn Blogging, SEO and Internet Marketing up with the 30 reasons you will likely fail in blogging and what to do. A stitch in time saves nine.
GET JAMB CBT APP 2022 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
I trust you have been blessed by the beautiful Episodes released so far. Did you miss out any Episode? I will share the links to all the Episodes at the end of this post. Let’s get started with Episode ten now……….
30 Reasons You May Fail In Blogging
30 Reasons You May Fail In Your Blogging Career And What To Do are as follows…
1. You Don’t Believe In Yourself:
One of the biggest reasons why you may fail in blogging is doubt. You believe in others more than you believe yourself. You just don’t attach high value to your blog. You always tell yourself, “I am not good enough and my blog may never be like CNN, Vanguard, Flashlearners…etc” This is the present state of your mind.
What To Do: Understand that nobody will believe in you if you don’t believe in yourself. You have all it takes to run an established blog. Believe in yourself and work towards making your blogging career bigger and brighter.
2. You Want To Blow Instantly:
Start a blog then make the cool cash; this is what is in your mind. You think blogging is a career where you get money as easy as ABC. This mentality will frustrate and make you quit blogging in your first five months.
What To Do: Blogging is not a ponzi scheme or Get-Rich-Quick strategy. As a blogger, work hard to add value without thinking about the money. With time, your passion will certainly turn into profit.
Blogging is not a Ponzi scheme and it is not a get-rich-quick business.
3. You Are Still Confused On What To Blog About:
You don’t really know what blogging is about neither do you know what to focus on. Today you think about sports, then tomorrow news, yesterday health, and next week would be education.
What To Do: The more you get confused about blogging, the more unstable you are in blogging career. Know why you are blogging, then choose a niche and stick to it.
What you are not prepared for, you are not qualified for.
4. You Don’t Have The Blogging Passion:
Others are blogging and making it; therefore let me blog and make money too. This is just your target. You really do not have passion or love for it. Trust me, you will quit soon.
What To Do: Don’t blog because others are into it. If blogging is not your passion, there are certainly the things you love doing. Find your passion and stick to it.
Action needs passion or it will be sanctioned.
5. You Are Not Yourself:
Mr. Blogger you are always after what people will say. You want to please everybody and you are copying their style. Don’t you know that they will keep talking?
What To Do: Don’t let the opinion of others become your reality. Get ideas that produce the desired result for you and stick to it.
Life is not to compete but to complete. The key to failure is trying to please everybody.
6. You Don’t Think About Money:
You believe money will come one day so long you are creating good content and getting traffic. You never make any attempt to monetize your blog.
What To Do: Whether you like it or not, money adds flavour to your blogging career. You need money for subscription and to pay your bills. Therefore, look for various channels to monetize as your blog begins to grow. See how to make money blogging here.
When you have money, your matrimony will be renewed every morning.
7. You Are Not Exposing Your Blog:
You believe that content is the king and that’s all. You never make attempt to promote your blog so as to gain popularity.
What To Do: Content is the king but we cannot call a woman beautiful if she is hidden from light. You must learn to promote your blog through different channels. See how to do that here.
A woman cannot be said to be beautiful if she is hidden.
8. The Quality OF Your Blog Is Low:
You always focus on making money and at such, you write thin content, stuff keywords, spam and links farming, place tons on adverts in your blog, copy and paste from other blogs plus all sort of black hat SEO strategy.
What To Do: Create long articles that Ad value, don’t stuff keywords, build high quality backlinks, write unique content for your blog and place adverts so that they don’t impart user experience. See how to do all that here.
Focus on adding value and not on making money.
9. You Don’t Learn:
You have been running your blog based on what you knew years ago. You don’t follow the latest trend in your niche and at such, your blog is out of date.
What To Do: Yesterday’s information cannot help you in today’s reality. Develop your mind everyday and learn things that will add more value to your blog and your life.
Continuously do research so as to become a better blogger.
10. You Don’t Have A Mentor:
You do everything on your own. Based on the fact that you know everything; you don’t seek help or advice. You are the only boss and decision maker..
What To Do: Before Abraham, there were men. No matter your niche or the level you want to attain in blogging, always remember that people have been there. Mentors make life easy for you.
With a mentor, you can achieve what takes others months within two days.
20 Other Reasons You May Become A Failed Blogger:
- Your blog design is not user friendly.
- You rely too much on Facebook and Twitter traffic.
- Less attention on Onpage And Offpage SEO.
- Ads are more than your content.
- You don’t have subscription box in your sidebar or after content.
- You are already losing interest in blogging.
- Not writing enough. You always have insufficient content.
- You don’t want to improve your reading life.
- You don’t write guest posts or submit to blog directories.
- Not engaging visitors or replying comments.
- You have too much stuff in your sidebar.
- Ads are not properly placed.
- You are impatient.
- You always want to give up.
- Never ready to go the extra mile.
- Placing posts in too many categories and have too many categories.
- Using too many tags.
- Writing annoying and misleading content.
- Writing content not acceptable by Google.
- Not commenting or sharing after reading this beautiful post.
Learn Blogging SO1E10: Top 30 Reasons You May Score F9 In Blogging & What To Do. Hope you like this article? Feel free to share and don’t fail to comment.
EPISODE ONE TO TEN OF SEASON ONE:
- The Vision And General Framework
- Introduction To Blogging, SEO And How I Started
- Niche, Domain, SEO, Hosting And WordPress
- Get Domain, Pay For Hosting, Cost Analysis And Designing
- OnPage SEO and Creating high-Quality Content
- Crawling, Ranking, Indexing and Rendering | Beta
- 15 Ways To Promote Your Blog And Improve Indexing
- 6 Powerful Ways To Make Money Blogging
- How To Make More Money From Google Adsense
- Google Adsense Approval Process For Dummies.