Google AdSense is sure the largest advertising network. Although there are a whole lot of alternatives, yet Google AdSense stands out.
As the name implies, Google Adsense is an advertising scheme powered by Google. The network helps turn your passion into profit. Google places adverts on your website and you get paid based on page views and direct clicks on the ads.
Note: You are not permitted to click your own ads. Google knows when you click on your ads and you may get banned forever.
Few years back, it was very easy to get Google Adsense account approved. All that was required is that you create an AdSense account which will get reviewed by the Google Adsense team. You then implement ads on your site after the approval (which was easy and fast).
Another tough thing these days is Google Adsense Address verification. You must upload a valid means of Identification a few days after getting approval.
Google AdSense Approval Process
The following are the up-to-date steps involved in the Google Adsense approval process.
1. Make sure your Website Complies with Google AdSense Policies:
This is the very first step you should take. Ensure that your website meets the webmaster guidelines and is suitable for Google to place ads. In my article on Adsense second review, I laid emphasis on how to check and balance your site for Google Adsense approval.
2. Create an AdSense Account:
It is very easy to create a Google Adsense account. Ensure you fill in the right details. Be very careful while entering your names and address. You can create your Adsense account here.
3. Insert Adsense Code:
During registration, you will be given an Ad code to place on your Site. This is to enable Google Adsense team to monitor your blog. After placing the code, click on Review. Number five below shows how and where to place the code. If your application is not approved, the Adsense team will mail you. The common reasons for disapproval are:
- Insufficient content
- Domain age (for some countries)
- Plagiarism or
- Your website doesn’t meet the Google Adsense program policies and is not fit for Advertisement.
5. Place the Ad code in your website:
Google Adsense Team reviews your site after you create an account with them. On first step approval, you will be able to login to your account.
Paste the code you copied either in your sidebar, header.php or using AdSense plugin. I strongly recommend the use of a plugin. You may want to read my article on Adsense second review for the best Google Adsense plugin.
6. Wait for the second step approval process:
After placing the code in your website, blank ads will begin to appear. AdSense will then review your website for the second time. Live Ads will start displaying immediately you are approved and you will begin to earn.
On the other hand, if your account is disapproved, you will be mailed the reason(s) for the disapproval plus suggestions.
7. Get your AdSense Pin:
This is the third main approval process. Once your Google Adsense earning gets to $10, Adsense team will mail a pin directly to your location. You will have not option but to verify your address.
8. Enter your Pin:
This is the last step. Login to your account and enter the pin sent to you. Then, take a chilled water and relax. If the pin doesn’t get to you after four weeks, login to your Adsense account and request another PIN. After making the third request, you will be left with the option for manual verification.
NOTE: Google AdSense minimum pay out is $100.
EARLIER EPISODES AND NEXT EPISODE:
- The Vision And General Framework | Episode 1
- Introduction To Blogging, SEO And How I Started | Episode 2
- Niche, Domain, SEO, Hosting And WordPress |Episode 3
- Get Domain, Pay For Hosting, Cost Analysis And Designing A WordPress blog |Episode 4
- OnPage SEO and Creating high Quality Content |Episode 5
- Crawling, Ranking, Indexing and Rendering | Episode Beta
- 15 Ways To Promote Your Blog And Improve Indexing | Episode 6.
- The 6 Ways You Can Make Money Blogging | Episode 7
- How to maximize your Google Adsense Earning | Episode 8
EPISODE 10: Habits that will make your fail in Blogging
”¦”¦. Best Regards!”¦”¦”¦.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?
- I WANT TO SEARCH
- COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE
- ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO
- VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT
- LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS
- ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE
- SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
- 10 Best Student Scholarships For Nigerians to Study In USA - Aug 5, 2020
- Flashlearners Listed in Best Student Blogs On FeedSpot - Aug 5, 2020
- Galaxy Note 20 Release Date, Features And Price in Nigeria - Aug 5, 2020