These challenges include how to increase your Google Adsense Cost Per Click (CPC), getting a better Revenue per 1000 Impressions (RPM) and best Google Ads placement to get more Click through rate (CTR).
Get Jamb CBT App 2021 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
One of the biggest challenges of bloggers in Africa is low Cost Per Click (CPC). Even as the giant of Africa, Nigeria CPC is very low (0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04 and 0.05). In fact, I have noticed that your RPM in Google Adsense decreases as you drive in more traffic to your blog.
Recommended: Best banks to receive Adsense earning
We are stuck here because there are “no good” alternatives” to Google Adsense except you dive into best affiliate marketing and other ways to make money blogging. Quickly pull over to read my article on how to boost your CPC here.
You can earn more from Adsense even with low CPC (but high CTR). CTR of 1% or 2% cannot make this possible. You need a click-through rate of over 4%. This brings us back to the topic, “The Best Google Adsense Unit And Placement To Earn More CTR in 2021“.
Without beating about the bush, the best Google AdSense Ad unit to attract more clicks is the Links Ad Unit. Irrespective of where you place links ads (So long it can be seen), it will attract more clicks than banner ads. Just that banner attracts higher CPC. Banner ads convert well if you place them the right way (E.g Header and After content). Check out the best ads placements to earn more in 2021.
Best Google Adsense Ads Placement For a Higher CTR
- Place a responsive banner and link ad unit in your header
- Ads Rotation: Place a link and in-article advert before content for three days. Then remove and place it after paragraph two or three for another three days. Check out which converts very well for you and make it permanent.
- Adverts on sidebar don’t really content. However, a big banner on sidebar attracts high CPC. As at today, I don’t use Adsense banner ads here at flashlearners.com because it is not worth it. You may want to give it a try.
- Place a Display/Text advert after content; this is highly recommended. I don’t have ads after content because I am promoting some. I shall place one on it soon.
- If you generally do not write long articles, a header, content and after content advert is okay for you.
- No need to place ads manually on every post. Use Insert Posts Ads Plugin to automatically place adverts before, in content and after content. More of Insert post Ads Plugin below.
- Don’t place too many ads. It will slow down your site and at the same time not convert well for you. Remember, Pagespeed Speed and WordPress security is now a ranking signal.
- Do not place ads in Contact, About, privacy and pages with shallow content.
- Make sure your ads are seen. Don’t encourage people to click.
- Increase your page speed. The faster your blog, the faster Google Ads appear and the more CTR you will get.
Note: You can create one ad and place in different position or create different ads for different positions so that you can monitor their performance.
Recommended: How to survive google penalty
Best Plugin To Place Adverts on Your Blog
There are a whole lot of great plugins to place ads on WordPress. The one I use is Insert Post Ads Plugins. Insert Post Ads is the easiest ad injection plugin, for Google AdSense or any advertising code. Install and Activate the plugin, then go to settings and enable it. You may want to see the best ads plugins here.
Insert Post Ads allows you to automatically insert post ads after a specified number of paragraphs. This saves you the hassle of manually inserting post ads for every post.
There are plugins that offer far more features than Insert Post Ads. See them below:
- Ad Inserter
- Wp Advertise it
How To Place Google Adsense Ads In 2021
The Google Adsense Dashboard has improved and some features have been Updated or added. The new way to create Ads unit in Google AdSense is as follows:
- Visit Google AdSense website at www.google.com/adsense/
- Sign in with your Gmail and password if you are not logged in already
- Click on Ads in Google Adsense menu
- For automatic placement, Click on Auto Ads
- To manually place Google Adsense code (Recommended), Click on Ads Unit
- Now, click on + New Ad Unit
- You have text/display, in feed, in article and match content to choose from.
- You will be given a code to place in your blog. You can then place the code in your articles using Insert Post Ads. For header, you can place the code manually in header.php or Widget if your Theme supports header widget.
How To Create Google Adsense Links Ad Unit
In number Seven above, click on Text/DIsplay Ads. Then
- Choose a name for your advert. E.g My LInk
- Under ad size, you will see Showing [Recommended]
- Click on recommended and choose Link Ads
- Leave it at responsive size
- Save and get code.
- Copy and Paste the code where you want.
AdSense Auto Ads
Auto ads are a fast and easy way for AdSense publishers to get up and running with ads.
Choose Auto ads if you’re looking for:
- Automation: Google works out which ads to show and where to show them, leaving you free to focus on creating great content.
- Simplicity: you control all the ads with the flick of a switch.
- Convenience: Auto ads work on mobile, tablet, and desktop and provide good ad coverage on your pages.
Recommended: How to blog as a student and make money
Hope you found this guide helpful? Feel free to share with other bloggers and don’t fail to let me know how you feel using the comment box.
FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?