With every passing day, thousands of Jamb applicants bombard the internet with questions as regards Jamb application. Most of the questions asked are geared towards when the registration form would be released. Only a few do research on the steps to take before Jamb application fully begins.
Prepare for Jamb registration to avoid mistakes Jambites make yearly. These mistakes range from choosing the wrong course to picking the wrong school of Choice, etc. Avoid these common Jamb registration mistakes by all means.
OTHERS ARE LOVING A. BEST APPS FOR JAMB, WAEC, NCEE, IJMB AND BECE B. FREE VIDEOS FOR BECE, JAMB, WAEC AND POST UTME
Recommended: When Jamb will begin
In this article, I will quickly discuss the six Important things to do as you wait for, or before you apply for this Jamb. This will help you avoid mistakes and boost your UTME score.
- 1. 1. Be Convinced That You Want To Apply For Jamb:
- 2. 2. Choose Your Course:
- 3. 3. Choose Your School:
- 4. 4. Learn to Avoid Stupid Mistakes in Jamb Registration:
- 5. 5. Prepare Early For Your Jamb Examination:
- 6. 6. Get Your Jamb NIN
Before Jamb registration, there are certain things you should put in place. Ensure that you are ready for Jamb and also start preparing money for Jamb registration if necessary.
You should also be sure of your Waec and Jamb subjects combination. Creation of Jamb profile is also an early step to take after you are sure of sitting for Jamb. Continue reading for more details…
1. Be Convinced That You Want To Apply For Jamb:
Are you writing Jamb based on conviction or you were forced to? be sure that you are convinced before you apply.
If you are not convinced, you cannot prepare well for Jamb examination. And if you are not prepared for the exam, low Jamb score may fall on you.
Now, Make up your mind that it is either you pass or you pass. The reason many students fail Jamb is that they never make up their mind completely.
2. Choose Your Course:
This is another major thing to do before Jamb application. Action needs passion or it will be sanctioned. Your motivation gives you drive. Many persons choose a course because it is high paying or because they see their friends study the course. Many choose course in Jamb registration based on parental factor and for prestige. Choose your Jamb study course carefully.
Choosing a Preferred Course in Jamb Registration
- Your passion for the course
- The relevance of the course to the economy
- The course should be versatile or vast
- It should be a hot cake course.
Jamb Subject Combination for Your Course
After choosing a course to study, know the required Jamb subjects to study the course. Click here to see the full Jamb subject combination for all courses in Nigeria.
3. Choose Your School:
You hear names of schools like Unilag, Uniben, Ui, Uniport, Lasu, Unilorin, Abu Zaria, Auchi Poly, Laspotech and other big Universities/Polytechnics and you want to fill them as your preferred Institution of Study. It is a nice decision. But is it just because of the name? There are other factors to consider…
Guide to Choosing Your Institution of Study
- The course content of the University
- The reputation of the University
- Graduate employment rate
- The general ranking of the institution
- The quality of facilities present at the university.
4. Learn to Avoid Stupid Mistakes in Jamb Registration:
Jamb applicants proceed expressly to make certain mistakes that ruin their admission. Some of the mistakes you must avoid are strategically listed below:
- Asking someone to register on your behalf
- Filling the registration form carelessly
- A mistake in date of birth
- Choosing the wrong institution
- Not spelling your name correctly
- Putting a wrong Local Government Origin (LGA)
- Putting the wrong course of study.
- Stupid mistakes in Jamb profile.
Recommended: How to create and update your Jamb profile
5. Prepare Early For Your Jamb Examination:
Jamb examination date is still very far, this is the language of procrastinators. You must understand that time is flash. Early preparation is the key. Create your jamb profile and get your code. Then start getting the required materials and jamb textbooks and finally enter study mode.
Below are articles that will help you prepare for Jamb and as well boost your performance.
- How to prepare for jamb in 3 months
- Proven ways to overcome procrastination and get back to work
- Understand all you read in one minute
- Your last guide to university admission
6. Get Your Jamb NIN
National Identification Number (NIN) is now a compulsory requirement for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board’s (JAMB) Examination. Without NIN you cannot register Jamb. Click here to apply for NIN for Jamb 2021.
Don’t fail to share with friends or drop your comment below. You may want to subscribe to Flashlearners newsletter below for constant updates.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?