A few days ago, I wrote a comprehensive guide on hot key points in Jamb Physics. Since I did that, a lot of students have been demanding such a topic for other Jamb subjects. In this article, I shall give you 50 key Points in Jamb English Literature.
Did you know that Literature is studied as a subject in school because it exposes students to the realities of life? Now you know… Continue reading for more facts and important topics in Jamb literature to help you in Jamb 2021.
Get Jamb CBT App 2021 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
See Also: How to pass Jamb once and for all
50 Hot Facts In Literature For Jamb 2021
1. The plot of a novel is best described as a summary of the story.
2. Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy because it ends unhappily.
3. A novel can be described as an extended prose narrative covering a wide range of characters and experience.
The Best CBT Applications Get Jamb CBT App, Waec App, Bece App, Ncee App Or Ijmb App. Win Prizes: Install Any Flashlearners App to Win Up ₦30,000 While Learning.
4. A play is a drama because it can be acted on the stage.
5. In telephone conversation, the tone of the question “you mean-like plain or milk chocolate?’ is Sarcastic.
6. Poetry deals with emotion and ideas.
7. The main purpose of drama is to educate and entertain us.
8. Paradox is a a statement or position that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth. Paradox is a very common figure of speech.
9. The ‘Myth of the Bagre’ is recited at the coming age of young men and women.
10. Dramatic Irony entails a statement that means more than is evident to to its maker.
11. The dominant rhetorical device used in poem is Personification.
12. The title of Achebe’s things fall apart is taken from poem written by W.B Yeats.
13. A sonnet is a Poem with fourteen lines.
14. Dialogue is important in drama because it reveals the mind of the characters.
15. The dominant mood in Senghor’s peom ‘In Memoriam’ is one of Nostalgia
16. Achebe’s Things Fall Apart can be described as historical novel.
17. To be complete, a play must have a conflict.
18. ‘Assonance’ is a product of a poet’s use of similar sounding vowels.
19. A well known epic in English Literature is Paradise Lost.
20. Because of his fiery temper as a youth, Odewale was called the Scorpion.
21. A deliberate use of exaggeration for humour or emphasis is known as Hyperbole.
22. ‘The pen is mightier than the sword’ is an example of Metonym.
23. In Poetry, elegiac mood typically attends the occasion or experience of death and decay.
24. In the poem ‘The Vultures’, David Diop suggests that the Christian missionaries were agents of Colonialism.
25. Characterisation in a novel means the mode of presenting the fictional individuals.
26. The tragedy in Romeo and Juliet occurred as a result of circumstances rather than flaws in character.
27. Caricature is used to ridicule a person by distorting his most prominent features.
30. The substitution of a mild and pleasant expression for a harsh and blunt one is called Euphemism.
31. Any work of literature which sets out to instruct may be called definitive.
32. The novel, The Novella and the Short Story are the major sub-genres of prose fiction.
33. A couplet is a succession of two rhyming lines.
34. An allegory is a story in which people or things or events have another meaning.
35. Alliteration is the repetition of two or more words having the same initial consonant sound.
36. And ODE is described as lyrical poem addressed to some persons or things.
37. ‘The child is the father of the man’ is an example of Paradox.
38. A play is called comedy when there is a happy resolution of contradictions.
39. The persons who take part in a play are sometimes referred to as dramatis personae.
40. A form of writing in which the poet writes with nostalgia about simple village life is PASTORAL.
41. An imitation, bordering on ridicule of an author’s style and ideas is known as Parody.
42. Criticism is a literary activity which seeks to analyse and evaluate a literary work.
43. In Poetry, ‘run-on-line’ can be found in most kinds of poem.
44. In a work of literature, plot is constructed on recurring events.
45. In literary work, setting refers to the sum of physical, social and historical circumstances.
46. The epilogue in a literary composition is at the end.
47. ‘The Fulani creation story’ suggests that the basic problem of man is Pride.
48. The dominant literary device in in Diop’s Vanity is rhetorical questions.
49. The speech made by a character to himself on stage is SOLILOQUY.
50. The continuation of meaning without pause, from one line to the next is enjambment.
Jamb Series Part 30: Top 50 Key Points In Jamb Literature. Feel free to call my attention if you noticed any mistake in the key points above. Also, don’t fail to share this wonderful piece with friends on Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
Question for You: What is Drama?
Other Guide On The Series: Part 1 to 15: Summary of part one to fifteen Part 16: Join my Jamb WhatsApp Group Part 17: Books to Read for English Part 18: Textbook to read for Jamb Maths Part 19. Book to read for Jamb Biology Part 20: Jamb chemistry textbook Part 21: Books to jark for Economics Part 22: Agric books to glance through Part 23: Jamb Physics recommended text Part 24: Books to read for Geography Part 25: Books to read for Jamb government Part 26: How to blast jamb English Part 27: How to solve Jamb maths without calculator Part 28: Questions in Jamb chemistry Part 29: You are given rough sheet in Jamb hall > See latest post on my Jamb series.
FLASHLEARNERS FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?